I had some ideas I was bouncing around for letterpress calendars and I came up with some beautiful designs–and then I found out it would cost at least $240 for the polymer plates to print them. Way out of my price range, especially considering how unlikely it would that I could sell any of them, let alone enough to recover the cost of printing them. So . . . I used hand-set type! I modified my designs to something very simple and modern. Kind of crazy setting all those little numbers for the calendar, and I had to limit the number of calendars I printed to 15 because there wasn’t enough type to set all of the calendars at once–I could only do one at a time. Thankfully, working the last year and a half at the Center for Book Arts sorting galleys and galleys of type once a week has made me very fast. I sold several at the Center’s Holiday Fair this past Saturday, but I still have a few left so I’ve listed them in my Etsy shop.
The names of the months are hidden within the quirky little phrases I came up with.